[Autonogram] 2004 calendars are in! New online bookstore! Aesthetics of protest!

Ben at Autonomedia ben@autonomedia.org
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:23:23 -0500

Hello, friends --

Like the arrival of the fall's first snowflakes or the first bottle
of Beaujolais nouveaux, it's usually anyone's guess when the annual
Autonomedia calendars will finally appear, but friends, they are
here, and as usual, not a moment too soon! For those of you
unfamiliar with this ongoing project, please read more about the
Saints and Sheroes calendars below, but for the many people who've
been emailing me, wondering when the calendars will be available, I
have even more good news: they're also easier to order this year, on
account of our new online bookstore, and available with bulk
discounts. Here are the details:

The Autonomedia Calendar of Jubilee Saints celebrates the lives of
hundreds of famous, infamous, notorious, etc., celebrants of jubilee,
on an information-packed large-format (16 x 24 inches when open) wall
calendar, with artwork as usual from our longtime comrade James
Koehnline. You can see the cover art for the calendar and order it
online at http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/saints

The Sheroes and Womyn Warriors Calendar, also in stock and ready to
ship, celebrates hundreds of womyn who've shaken things up over the
millennia. Every day celebrates a single Shero (or in some cases, an
event like a strike, or a group like JANE), with detailed
biographical information in the sidebar. Lots of hard-to-find radical
history in this calendar, which makes it a great sourcebook for
educational use, biography projects, etc. More details and online
ordering is at http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/sheroes

Both calendars are $9.95 each for 1 - 4 copies, but for the first
time, we're offering quantity discounts on multiple calendars. Orders
of 5 - 9 copies will get a 20% discount ($7.96 per calendar), and
orders of 10 or more calendars will get a 40% discount ($5.97). The
quantity price is good for mixed copies (i.e., 2 Saints and 3 Sheroes
will qualify for a 20% discount), so order copies for all your
friends, your parents, and your ex-boss now!

* * *

Close-eyed readers of the Autonogram will notice that the above web
addresses are slightly different from earlier ones; this is due to
the new online bookstore recently installed, developed in conjunction
with Autonomedia volunteers by the misfit programmers at Openflows,
an internationally-distributed programming group that develops open
source software packages for organizations. This means that our
online store is now based on open-source code, bringing it into
closer harmony with the free-access to information, copy-left model
favored by Autonomedia. It's also faster and more convenient, and
allows us to distribute not only our own books, but material from a
slew of like-minded other presses! Have a look at their work at
http://www.openflows.org

* * *

Finally, a not-specifically Autonomedia event for New York City
audiences: Lex Bhagat, one of the editors of  "Sound Generation", our
forthcoming book of interviews with radical sound artists, will be
speaking and playing recordings at "The Protest Genre after N30", a
presentation at Bluestockings Radical Bookstore on the anniversary of
the Seattle WTO protests. This is in conjunction with the Journal of
Aesthetics and Protest, and sounds quite promising. Bluestockings is
at 172 Allen Steet, between Stanton and Rivington; the event begins
at 7pm, Sunday, November 30.
http://www.journalofaestheticsandprotest.org
http://www.bluestockings.com

* * *

That's it for now; as always, thanks for supporting Autonomedia, and
please use the links at the top of this email to modify your
Autonogram subscription.

over and out,
Ben at Autonomedia