[Autonogram] NYC: Blue-Eyed Devil reading TOMORROW

Ben Meyers, Autonomedia ben at autonomedia.org
Fri Mar 23 17:15:17 EDT 2007

Dear friends --

Sorry for the NYCentric  notice -- I do realize that most people
subscribed to this list live elsewhere, where a thousand flowers are
hopefully in full bloom as I write this. However, we've got a fantastic
young author in town, who's been putting his very heart and soul into his
work the last 5 or 6 years, and it's paying off. "Blue-Eyed Devil" is a
great book -- though some people have been quite skeptical about
Autonomedia's seeming embrace of Islam, Mike's work should be seen more in
terms of spiritual anarchism, of not letting the mullahs and the priests
and the hadiths and the ten commandments, etc., get in the way of one's
own relationship to the spiritually ecstatic. Throughout the book, he
questions and pillories the hierarchies and bosses within American Islam,
while at the same time communicating the seriousness on which his search
for the indigenous roots of the religion is based. Please see
http://www.autonomedia.org for more info.

So anyway: Michael Muhammad Knight will read from "Blue-Eyed Devil" (and
hopefully from "The Taqwacores" too) at Bluestockings Bookstore tomorrow
night, Saturday March 24, at 7pm. Bluestockings is at 172 Allen Street in
NYC, near the First Ave F train stop.

Three audio links will complete this email:
http://www.archive.org/details/Blue-Eyed_Devil01_pt1 is a 12-minute
excerpt of Mike reading from the beginning of "Blue-Eyed Devil."

http://www.autonomedia.org/taqwa_audio_1 is a short excerpt, also read by
Mike, from the beginning of "The Taqwacores."

http://archive.wbai.org/pls.php?mp3fil=11012 is a 90-minute interview with
Mike that took place on the Moorish Orthodox Radio Crusade show on WBAI
this week.

thank you,
Ben / Autonomedia