[Autonogram] Northern MASS: Peter Lamborn Wilson speaks!

Ben at Autonomedia ben@autonomedia.org
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 21:39:35 -0400

One more event to let you know about: Our star author Peter Lamborn
Wilson (Scandal: Essays in Islamic Heresy, Shower of Stars, Pirate
Utopias, and others) will be making an appearance in northern
Massachusetts this Thursday evening! MASSMoCA, the contemporary arts
museum in North Adams, is presently hosting a show called
"Fantastic!" on the history of utopian projects in the northeast.
Peter has a piece in the show's catalog, naturally, and will be
sharing stories (alongside a fellow named Christian Goodwillie) of
the history of the fantastic in the region, including subversive
communes, Shaker practices, and North Adams as the ballooning capital
of America. 7pm, Tall Gallery at MASSMoCA, North Adams,
Massachusetts; tickets are a cool $5. More information on the show
and this reading can be found at
http://www.massmoca.org/performing_arts/performing_arts.html and
http://www.massmoca.org/visual_arts/fantastic.html .

  That's the last pip you'll hear out of me for at least a few more
days, though if you need to turn me off forevermore, just follow the
"unsubscribe" link at the top of this email (but please, be gentle).

bests,
Ben / Autonomedia