[Autonogram] Steve Kurtz in NYC 3/4/05; Winter $5 book sale

Ben at Autonomedia ben@autonomedia.org
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:36:08 -0500 (EST)

greetings, Autonogram subscribers --

1. Steve Kurtz in conversation in NYC, Friday March 4, 7 pm.
2. Baker's Dozen $5 book sale, two weeks only

* * * * *

Steve Kurtz, the member of the Critical Art Ensemble under Federal
investigation for possession of suspect biological materials, will be in
New York City this weekend talking about the work of the CAE. He will be
joined by Rebecca Schneider, Professor of Performance Studies at Brown
University; the conversation will be moderated by Ammiel Alcalay, the
professor of Comparative Lit and Middle Eastern and Asian Languages who,
among many other things, was the editor of the "For/Za Sarajevo" volume of
Lusitania, which Autonomedia brought out years ago. The talk is a
fundraiser for the CAE Defense Fund; admission to the event is $5, and it
will be at the Elebash Recital Hall, CUNY Graduate Center, 34th Street at
Fifth Ave, NYC, at 7 pm, Friday, March 4.

Steve's hearing was set for tomorrow, March 1, but has been delayed
(again) by the prosecution, in what may well be a fund-draining tactic.
More information is online at http://www.caedefensefund.org and
http://www.critical-art.net

* * * *

$5 Book Sale

We're trying to clear up a bunch of space in our warehouse for new
arrivals, so will be putting a number of titles on sale in the coming
weeks. For starters, we're listing the following 13 titles for $5 a pop,
with the usual shipping rates ($3 for the first book, $1/each additional
for domestic shipping; variable rates for international orders). This sale
will last through March 14.

TITLES (please click on links for book descriptions)

40th Century Man, Andy Clausen
http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/index.cgi?&pid=1
The Anarchists, John Henry Mackay
http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/index.cgi?&pid=7
The Arcane of Reproduction, Leopoldina Fortunati
http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/index.cgi?&pid=9
Blue Tide, Mike Jay http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/index.cgi?&pid=35
Crimes of the Beats, The Unbearables
http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/index.cgi?&pid=40
Friendly Fire, Bob Black http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/index.cgi?&pid=68
Living in Volkswagen Buses, Julian Beck
http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/index.cgi?&pid=88
Lab U.S.A., Kevin Pyle http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/index.cgi?&pid=240
Media Archive, ADILKNO http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/index.cgi?&pid=96
Midnight Oil, Midnight Notes Collective
http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/index.cgi?&pid=98
Political Essays, Richard Kostelanetz
http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/index.cgi?&pid=115
Radiotext(e), Neil Strauss and David Mandl, eds
http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/index.cgi?&pid=127
This World We Must Leave, Jacques Camatte
http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/index.cgi?&pid=152

Also. the Jubilee Saints and Sheroes and Womyn Warriors calendars are
priced down to $3 each now, while they last.
Jubilee Saints: http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/index.cgi?&pid=432
Sheroes and Womyn Warriors:
http://bookstore.autonomedia.org/index.cgi?&pid=431

* * * * *

That's all for today, though I hope to have an announcement very soon
about the release of "I Am not A Man, I Am Dynamite: Friedrich Nietzsche
and the Anarchist Tradition", and "The Devil's Anarchy", both of which
should be arriving from the printer's this week. Look for another
Autonogram soon, and thanks for reading.

bests,
Ben Meyers
Autonomedia